Flexible Accountancy Apprenticeship Vacancies
We regularly have a number of South West employers who are looking to recruit accounting apprentices.
Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
Thomas Westcott Chartered Accountants
Thomas Westcott are one of the largest independent accountancy practices in the South West. With 29 partners and approximately 220 staff operating from 17 offices across Devon and Somerset, they have built a first class professional reputation within the South West and beyond.
Thomas Westcott currently have the following vacancies:
- Bideford: Please click here for more information about this position.
- Axminster: Please click here for more information about this position.
Bicks Accountants have one full time or two part time vacancies for qualified/part qualified accountants in their Exmouth office at Littleham Cross (maternity cover).
- Hours and salary by negotiation
- Computer experience is essential
- Start asap
Duties include accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and companies. Taxation experience would be useful.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with details of your qualifications and experience to the Staff Partner or email email@example.com
Employers throughout the South West are always looking for great new trainees, so at anytime you are welcome to email us with your CV – let us know how far you are willing to travel, and why you are looking to start an accounting career. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on if the positions in practice or industry the work could involve a number of different aspects including:
- Preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Providing bookkeeping services
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Filing Companies House and H M Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Maintaining a sales/purchase ledger
- Reconciling bank statements
- Using Computerised Accounting software
Trainees will have support and on the job training from the employer and Accountancy Learning. As an apprentice you would be a student of Accountancy Learning and study for professional AAT qualifications, with an aim to becoming a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)