AAT Day Release Courses in
Exeter, Plymouth and Taunton
If you are within travelling distance of Plymouth, Exeter of Taunton, you might like your staff to supplement our distance learning programme with attendance at our weekly tutor supported training (‘drop-in’) sessions:
- Exeter – Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9.30am – 8.30pm
- Plymouth – Thursdays 9.30am – 8.30pm
- Taunton – Thursdays 9.30am – 6.30pm
These are not formal “stand up and teach” sessions. Instead, tutors are on hand to provide 1:1 support and guidance – students can attend for the hours that both fits in with your timescales and also suits the level of support they need.
Some students like to come each week to ensure they maintain a regular study routine. They simply settle down to working through the learning materials on their own and, if and when they get stuck with something, they ask the tutor to explain it to them; personally. Others will come in after they have submitted a progress test, to work through the feedback with the tutor to ensure they fully understand it – again, personally.
How Much Does It Cost?
The table below shows the AAT Day Release Course costs:
*Please note that the exam fees are for exam ‘1st attempts’. Exam fees can either be paid upon enrolment or at the time of booking each exam. Course durations are flexible and will vary depending on the amount of study effort and the ability of the student.
What Do The Day Release Course Fees Include?
- Attendance at weekly classroom sessions in Plymouth, Exeter or Taunton (see ‘The Fine Detail’ notes 1), 2), 3), and 4) below)
- Uncapped personal tutor support for any study queries during the programme (see notes v) and vi) below)
- Interactive online course materials, ranging from fully on-line interactive materials at Level 2, to more traditional study materials at Level 4
- ‘Welcome Pack’ (electronic) including study support guide and online course resources login details
- A tailored Individual Learning Plan (ILP)
- Access to accounting software for the Level 2 computerised accounting unit
- Marking and feedback by the personal tutor on the course progress tests and practice assessments
- Regular pro-active contact by the personal tutor to ensure progress in line with the ILP
Additional AAT Costs
- AAT Admission Fee – £43: This is a one-off fee, payable on initial registration with the AAT
- AAT Membership Fee – £92: This is not payable if a student only registers for the Bookkeeping qualifications, where the registration fee lasts 12 months. For the full Accounting qualification, the membership fee is payable on admission and thereafter, annually.
- Invigilation Fees – FREE for first attempts: Although we charge £30 + VAT to external candidates, we don’t want our students to sit their exam until all parties are happy that they are ready. To encourage students on our day release programme, we will not charge an invigilation fee for the first attempt at each exam. In the unlikely event of a re-sit, we will only charge £15 + VAT.
The Fine Detail…
- If it is not possible for your student to attend on a particular date, they can attend either of our other venues, if convenient
- The AAT Day Release Courses are currently held at 9.30am to 8.30pm in Exeter on Tuesdays. In Plymouth, the sessions are held on Thursdays from 9.30am to 8.30pm and in Taunton, the sessions are also held on Thursdays from 9.30am to 6.30pm
- The programmes are “roll-on-roll-off”, so students can start at any time and progress at a pace to suit them. Students can attend as little or as much of the day as the employer requires. The lost chargeable time will considerably outweigh the actual cost of the course
- Because the pace of the course is flexed to suit each student, the classroom sessions are designed for personal learning with a tutor on hand to provide 1:1 support and guidance when needed
- In addition, a tutor is available throughout the rest of the week, and on some evenings, to provide additional tutor support by phone, email or Skype – or by further drop-ins by arrangement
- We expect students to put in personal study time in addition to these day release sessions – hence the availability of tutors throughout the week
- This is a blended learning programme, providing a mix of distance learning / on-line and 1:1 support