The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is widely recognised as the Gold Standard for accounting technician training. It is a qualification recognised and valued across the whole of the accounting profession – a requirement of many employers.As well as being a respected accountancy qualification in its own right, it is also an invaluable stepping stone for those wishing to progress to the professional level accountancy qualifications, and is a cost effective alternative to the traditional graduate route. What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive home study manuals covering all the knowledge and skills requirement of the course – including study texts and question banks (if option purchased);
- Personalised Study Plan and a Home Learning Support Guide;
- A tutor help-line via phone or email;
- We will monitor your progress and contact you on a regular basis to discuss this progress and, if needed, nag!
- A series of progress tests to submit for marking and feedback – essential for both us and you to make sure you are making satisfactory progress;
- Supporting learning materials on our virtual learning environment (Moodle), including interactive presentations and additional accounting activities;
- Access to these materials via our virtual reception and virtual office, containing useful links to supporting websites and materials – distance learning at your fingertips;
- Liaison with us over when and where to sit your AAT computer based exams.
- For the AAT Bookkeeping Certificate and the AAT Level 2, we have a comprehensive range of interactive learning materials and interactive games as well as loads of practice activities and question banks. People have different learning styles, audio, visual, kinaesthetic (they like to listen, watch or do). Each element of the programme should hit each of these buttons – don’t forget to use your personal tutor too.
- Our team is willing to provide out of office hours support: if you find it difficult to find time to speak to us whilst at work, email us your contact details, the nature of your query and when would be a good time to call (within reason) and we will endeavour to get back to you.
- At Levels 3 and 4 it is increasingly important to make sure you absorb all of the technical knowledge covered so that you are able to respond comfortably to any way an exam question might be put to you. We therefore encourage you to make full use of your manuals and supporting question banks, as well as the practice assessments. We have structured the course content on Moodle to guide you through each of your units – effectively an on-line study plan. We have also given you links to the relevant sections of the AAT website to encourage you to make full use of their own free learning resources and practice assessments. At this stage you need to be making full use of the support provided in the Accounting Technician magazine