Flexible Accountancy Apprenticeship Vacancies
We regularly have a number of South West employers who are looking to recruit accounting apprentices.
Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
The Met Office
Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship – Level 3
Are you interested in developing a career in accountancy? Do you have a passion for problem solving, communicating with people and working with numbers? Would you like to work for an organisation that makes a difference?
The Level 3 Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship can offer you the support; training and industry recognised qualifications to get you on the path to a career in accounting.
- Please click here for more information about this position.
Thomas Westcott Chartered Accountants
Thomas Westcott are one of the largest independent accountancy practices in the South West. With 29 partners and approximately 220 staff operating from 17 offices across Devon and Somerset, they have built a first class professional reputation within the South West and beyond.
Thomas Westcott currently have the following vacancies:
- Axminster: Please click here for more information about this position.
- Tiverton: Please click here for more information about this position.
Griffin Chartered Accountants
Griffin are a firm of Devon accountants with offices in Exeter and Honiton. They offer a wide range of accountancy services and have embraced the latest technology within the sector. In April 2018, Griffin were shortlisted as Apprentice Employer of the Year.
Griffin currently have an Assistant Accountant (Apprenticeship) vacancy:
- Honiton: Please click here for more information about this position.
Employers throughout the South West are always looking for great new trainees, so at anytime you are welcome to email us with your CV – let us know how far you are willing to travel, and why you are looking to start an accounting career. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on if the positions in practice or industry the work could involve a number of different aspects including:
- Preparing financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Providing bookkeeping services
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Filing Companies House and H M Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Maintaining a sales/purchase ledger
- Reconciling bank statements
- Using Computerised Accounting software
Trainees will have support and on the job training from the employer and Accountancy Learning. As an apprentice you would be a student of Accountancy Learning and study for professional AAT qualifications, with an aim to becoming a member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)